Prayer List Updated 13th July, 2005
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."
~ Ephesians 6:18 NIV ~
Thank you for joining with us to pray for these needs. What an incredible privilege and honour it is to be able to come together and lift up the needs of our Brothers and Sisters in Christ all around the world!
FOR FAMILY AND MARRIAGE NEEDS ...
* A very sensitive prayer request from June. She was recently devastated to discover child pornography in her husband’s office. With four children (two from this marriage) and having been abused herself in the past by someone, this was a horrendous discovery. June contacted the police and is now separated from her husband. Please pray for the family during this very painful time. Pray for June to be strengthened and given peace. June is a Christian, her husband isn’t – so please pray that this will be a turning point for him to see his need for salvation.
* Nikki from Dubbo has asked us to pray for her friend, Jane, who is raising three children (aged 4 to 17) on her own. Jane would dearly love to be married and is believing for God to provide her with His choice of a husband. Her little four-year-old calls other people “daddy” and this really hurts Jane as she interprets it as his need for a father. Jane has also been diagnosed with a connective tissue disorder and arthritis, which is quite debilitating, especially when she has to wean herself off the prednisone. As Nikki put it, a God-given man with a heart to care, nurture and support this little family would be such a blessing. I can’t help but say “Amen” to that.
* Nancy from NY has asked us to pray for her youngest daughter and son-in-law, Megan and George, who are trying to conceive a child. Let's pray for the Lord to bless them with this much longed for child.
FOR GRIEF ...
* Please keep the Jacobson family from ND in your prayers this month. A young man was driving a car with a friend and the friend’s two brothers, when he went over the middle line and ran head-on into a semi-truck. He is the only one alive out of the two vehicles and very few would be able to imagine the pain that he and his family must be going through. Please pray for the families of those who were killed (particularly the family that lost three all at once). May the Lord comfort them all as they grieve.
* Let's also remember in prayer those who have lost loved ones in London recently with the horrendous bombings.
FOR GOD'S DIRECTION AND WILL ...
* Jackie from England has asked us to pray for the Lord to give her the strength to continue on the spiritual path He has for her, and to show her how she should do the work that the Lord has called her to do. Jackie has also asked for prayer for healing and her finances. Let's support this dear sister with our prayers.
FOR OTHER NEEDS ...
* Susan has sent through a prayer request for her husband, Robert, and all those who are involved with the disaster relief following Hurricane Dennis' impact on Florida. Susan said that the Hurricane apparently hit much harder than the news has perhaps shown. Robert is with the Salvation Army and they are into their fourth day of deployment to the area. The volunteers who are doing this work are very tired, and need our prayers for God to strengthen them as they continue to minister to the needs of those who have been hit.
POINT FOR PRAISE ...
* Karen from Sydney is rejoicing that they were able to raise the money needed for her husband, Lotu’s, visa application. He is from Vanuatu and has been waiting for this for quite a long time so that Lotu and Karen can be together in Australia. Prayer is still needed though, for the visa application to be swift, as Lotu is yet to see their baby girl, Zion, who was born on 19th April.